Surething SA, an innovative online personal goods insurance provider in South Africa, has been in existence since the end of 2013 and has grown at a steady pace ever since. The first website for the company featured a great little quoting tool that generated a quote for the visitor immediately, whereafter they would decide if they wanted to accept the quote or not. The system worked well enough however the biggest issue was not so much as getting people to the website, but more being able to capture the interested persons contact details for the purpose of nurturing them towards becoming a customer.
It is well know by now that visitors are more likely to shop around by visiting many competitors websites before they commit to buying anything. The company which captures their interest, keeps them interested by providing the relevant information and then nurtures the prospects until they’re ready to purchase generally wins in the long run. This of course was not occurring on the original site whilst the company did not have a marketing CRM to help with the job of capturing and nurturing their leads.
Introducing The Original:
The “push” for Surething SA occurred when it became plainly obvious the company was losing out on potential clients as the original sign up form was extremely long, asked for the prospects entire details including banking details before Surething had even got hold of their name or email address. What this meant was that a prospect who might have been interested but were not ready to fill in their details yet left the site never to be seen again. The actual stats were somewhat scary:
- From January to November 2015, the site saw 13 900 visitors land on the site
- 6 900 from Paid Adverts
- 3 000 referrals
- 2 300 (*none)
- 1 700 organic searches
- Of those nearly 14 000 visitors only 1400 of them actually got a quote.
- This equates to 10% of the visitors
- Of the 1400 who did get a quote only 2.15% actually filled out the personal details form.
Thus out of a potential 14 000 visitors, Surething SA only captured 300 people’s contact details.
The solution was for Surething SA to relook at how it was dealing with visitors on its website, what they wanted to know and then finally get more visitors to provide their contact details earlier on enabling a follow up process.
As the marketing company employed to solve this issue we have thus far began a process we believe will improve the conversion rates:
- We re-designed the website using our Website Design service. Here we improved the colour scheme as well as the images and copy to reflect the target audience.
- We changed the quoting process so that visitors had to enter their name and email before getting their quote.
- We added more information on the various landing pages with the aim of building trust.
- We added a chat box so visitors could talk directly to the sales staff, but first they had to provide their names.
- We started using the Infusionsoft CRM tool to capture the leads, nurture them and track where they fell off the sales funnel.
Since we have launched the new site (02 November 2015), the traffic has remained largely the same however the contact capturing process has improved from 2% to 8% almost immediately. This trend is expected to continue over the next few months.
SERVICES SURETHING USED:
- Responsive Website Design
- Basic SEO Implementation
- Graphic Design
- Facebook Advertising
- Google Adwords
Book a Free Marketing Assessment See Our Success Stories